Motorcycle intercom systems are helpful especially if you want to have a fun experience with your rider or your co-motorcyclists.
One of the common problems motorcycle enthusiasts experience is choosing the best motorcycle intercom system for them. It’s definitely is hard to choose one especially when there are a lot of good ones in the market. Picking the right intercom system will either let you enjoy your purchase or hate it.
To lessen the burden, here’s a list of motorcycle intercom brands with a few background about them.
It’s a motorcycle and power sports Bluetooth communication system packed in a chic and sleek device. It has been equipped with Sena’s signature “Jog Dial” feature that allows users to fully maximize all the goodness this product brings. It is based on the latest Bluetooth 4.0 technology, making it the first and the most advanced motorcycle intercom system in the market.
Other likeable features include:
- Audio Multitasking. A feature wherein one can seamlessly mix in incoming and outgoing audio to create a well-blended audio output.
- Hands-free calls, stereo/music streaming, voice instructions through GPS navigation
- Bike-to-bike conference intercom
- Intercom distance is up to 2.4 kilometers in an open field.
- HD Quality crisp and clear sound
- Packaged with an all-in-one helmet clamp kit
Created by one of the industry’s leaders, the Scala Rider G9 Powerset is a sophisticated and advanced Bluetooth intercom headset that sets a new standard in terms of motorcycle intercom connectivity.
It presents the One+8 intercom technology that allows 8 riders to communicate with each other using simple voice commands while a 4-way intercom conferencing brings group riding experience to a different level.
Here are more of the G9’s power features:
- Flash pairing wherein two G9 sets will simply have to bump each other to pair up.
- Cardo community web portal
- Interchangeable boom and corded microphone
- Talk time of up to 13 hours; standby time up to 7 days
- Noise cancelling microphone
Unlike the conventional type of motorcycle intercom systems, the SMH10R separates its user and rider control buttons from its battery module. With such make, the intercom system presents a thinner and easy to install motorcycle intercom as compared to other types of helmet.
There’s not “Jog Dial” in the SMH10R because Sena wants to provide users with a lightweight and easy to use intercom system. Instead, it offers three button layouts for the user to navigate.
It’s no longer a surprise to know that the SMH10R can be paired with almost anything that has Bluetooth adapters.
Intercom communication does not pose any problem with SMH10R as it basically works with other devices. It can connect to as far as 900 meter-range.
Buyee 2x Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmet Intercom Headset
Specifically designed for motorcycle riders and passengers who want to have clear and crisp wireless communication while on the road, this interphone Bluetooth motorbike motorcycle helmet intercom addresses the needs of most motorcycle riders and enthusiasts alike.
This wireless Bluetooth headset from Buyee gives the users the capacity to do intercom conferencing for the rider and passenger or two separate bikes of up to 800 meters apart. Noise is not a problem for this product as it is equipped with DSP echo cancellation and noise suppression technology to keep conversations as clear as possible.
Other likeable features of this Bluetooth headset include:
- Talk time is up to 10 hours when connected to a mobile phone; 6 hours with its intercom feature on and 300 hours when on standby mode.
- Make, receive, reject or hang up calls.
- Supports audio transfer
- Automatic toggling between Bluetooth-enable mobile phone, intercom or stereo music.
- Wireless music streaming through A2DP
- Control your mobile phone through AVRCP technology.
What makes the UClear HBC200HD different from other intercoms is that it doesn’t have the typical wired microphone. Instead, the microphones are strategically placed into the speakers based on the Adaptive Beam Forming technology, to which UClear uses for the communication systems they make for military operations.
Another new feature for the UClear is its “Multi-Hop technology”. This technology allows the intercom system to communicate up to 2 kilometers in full duplex mode, wherein for every paired HBC200 the user can relay messages to another one next in the line.
Other features to look forward to:
- Small, lightweight and easy to install.
- Speaker volume is excellent, way crisper compared to other motorcycle intercoms.
- Bluetooth connectivity with cell phone or music player with A2DP and AVRCP profiles.
- Battery life: 6 hours talk time; 400 hours standby time
It’s a pretty good list to start with when you are shopping for a motorcycle intercom system. These models are some of the best available in the market today and should give you a really good picture of what a solid motorcycle communication device/s should be like.